Cabbage skillet with sauce has many variants to make as the big meal. Two of them are what you read here that are easy to make and quick.
Cabbage includes a vegetable that is good for keto meal ingredients. There are many menus that you make from this veggie. One of them is cabbage skillet with sauce for every day big meal. Cabbage is easy to find in each grocery, traditional market, and supermarket. The price is also inexpensive so much so there is no reason to leave the recipe of the day. Save or print the easy skillet cabbage recipe with seasoned sauce here. Try it one by one to improve your cooking skills and menu.
How to Cook Cabbage Skillet with the Sauce
Well, it is the first cabbage skillet with the sauce recipe and 27 minutes of total cooking. Per serving will give 15g carbs, 3g protein, 8g fat, and 132 calories. The ingredients are just simple and exist in your kitchen cabinet or refrigerator. They are:
- Butter: ¼ cup
- Seasoned salt: ½ teaspoon
- Coarsely shredded cabbage: 1 medium head
- Granulated sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- Chopped onion: 1/4 cup
Well, these are the ingredients of the skillet cabbage. Firstly, you must gather all ingredients and melt the butter with a large skillet on medium heat. Stir the ingredients consisting of seasoned salt, onion, and cabbage. Cook them with a lid above on medium heat for 15 minutes while keep stirring. On the other hand, blend the vinegar and sugar to add in the cabbage mixture. Stir gently to blend ingredients. Take 5 minutes longer to cook the cabbage and get the desired doneness. Serve and enjoy!
Skillet Cabbage with Sauce “Just in 2 Steps”
Okay, it is the second simple cabbage skillet with the sauce recipe that just needs 2 steps to cook. The time to cook it in 35 minutes. This skillet cabbage will serve with rice so you might choose it as your breakfast menu. It looks to have more ingredients than the previous recipe. By the way, here are the ingredients and the directions:
- Small head cabbage that slices thinly: 1 or 6 cups
- Medium green pepper: 1 (cut in thin strips)
- Undrained whole plum tomatoes: 1 can
- Hot cooked brown rice: 4 cups
- Extra-lean ground beef (the lean until 95%): 1 pound
- Tomato sauce: 1 can (8 ounces)
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Cider vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Large onion to chop: 1
- Dry thyme: 1 teaspoon
- Dry oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Pepper: ½ teaspoon
Well, here are 2 steps that you will pass to cook the second recipe of skillet cabbage:
- Firstly, drain the tomatoes and chop coarsely. Take a nonstick large skillet to cook beef and onion until no longer pink. It also must be into crumbles. It needs about 6-8 minutes to cook on medium-high heat. Stir in tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, vinegar, seasonings, brown sugar, and reserved liquid.
- Secondly, add cabbage and pepper to cook with cover for 6 minutes with stirring occasionally. Then, cook without cover until the cabbage is tender or in 6-8 minutes. Serve with rice.
There are numerous tips to serve this keto dish like changing the rice with boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, or the crusty bread. Match the cabbage with sausage, ham, pork chops, pork roast, crumbled bacon, or caraway seed. Those are two recipes of cabbage skillet with a sauce that easy to make. Have a nice try!