Keto copycat blooming onion looks beautiful and the taste is not disappointed. You must try the crisp onion that never supposes before.
How does eat feel eating one large big onion without slicing? You might be lazy to do it unless the appearance is like keto copycat blooming onion below. This food is ready to get rid of the original taste of the onion. Everyone will not doubt to take the chaff sticks and eat it directly. Other ingredients in this keto blooming onion work greatly to give flavor taste. Well, take the best recipe to make it soon. Gain anything you need to ease your diet plan.
Keto Copycat Blooming Onion Ingredients
Let’s focus on the ingredients of blooming onion keto friendly! There are two kinds of ingredients here for the blooming onion and the dip. But, why this page must present it while not all people can eat the whole onion as the main ingredient? You should know that it is a classic appetizer that still survives in high-class restaurants. Therefore, try to make and taste the difference from the real onion. Okay, turn back to the ingredients and look at below:
- Blooming onion
Just provide 2 large eggs and a large slice of sweet onion or Vidalia. Then, provide shredded Mozzarella skin part in 4 ounces.
- Dip ingredients
- Onion powder: 1/8 tablespoon
- Smoked paprika: ¼ teaspoon (you may use 5 drops of liquid smoke + regular paprika)
- Grated horseradish: 1 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise: 2 tablespoons
- Dry oregano: 1/8 teaspoon
- Tabasco sauce or other hot sauces: 4-5 drops
- Sugar-free ketchup: 2 teaspoons
- Garlic powder: 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper
Without the dipping sauce, you will wonder about the taste. It turns out making the dipping sauce is easy. You quite mix all ingredients. Undertake it in a small bowl and whisk it until smooth.
6 Steps to realize a Beautiful and Yummy Blooming Onion
Finally, it is time to make your keto copycat blooming onion and you will spend 6 steps. Well, your journey starts from:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Separate the onion and the outer layer. Then, cut off the top about a half-inch and the top down. Make eight equal sections but the onion keeps in one piece. Next, spread the onion “petals” apart to give a blooming shape.
- To make keto copycat blooming onion, mix cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and coconut flour in a bowl. Whisk them using a fork.
- Use another bowl to beat the raw eggs to roll and coat the onion completely. Here, you need a technique to do it by using a spoon. This tool will pour the egg in the onion sections until all surfaces cover.
- Then, put the onion in the seasoned flour mixture to roll and coat. Move it on the baking sheet and sprinkle the onion with a sprinkling mixture.
- Brush olive oil to the outer petals until the top.
Use foil to wrap the onion and bake it for 30 minutes. Afterward, move the foil and bake again for 10 minutes without the foil. If you want to get an extra crispy result to add 3-5 minutes for broiling.
Okay, that is your keto copycat blooming onion recipe to try! Please, you never say to skip it because you doubt the taste. Good luck!