Keto Naan is a low-carb Indian Cuisine that uses coconut flour as the main flour. It has many ingredients but not in a long time to serve.
Explore Keto meals from various kinds of cuisines pretty you do not bore and miss your prior meals. One of Asian exactly Indian feast you can make it low-carb is Keto Naan. Traditionally, people make it from the flour but now you can change with almond or coconut flour. Both are better than wheat flour because the carbohydrate contains just a little. Today, this page chooses to make this flatbread from the coconut flour. Keto Naan with coconut flour because it is sweeter than almond flour.
Keto Naan Recipe with Coconut Flour
The smooth sweet taste of coconut is more suitable for Indian cuisines and bread. Moreover, this south Asian country likes presenting sweet cuisines. Besides avoiding gluten, Keto Naan (Low Carb Flatbread) does not use milk and replace it with unflavoured coconut yogurt. Once more, it must add Xanthan gum as the egg replacement. Usually, the egg appears to make and bind the elastic dough where the coconut flour cannot produce elasticity. Only the wheat flour is gluten that can produce the elasticity.
However, you cannot just use xanthan gum to add elasticity because you must strengthen with psyllium husk powder or psyllium husks. Choose one of them based on your desire. Well, you will make the low-carb flatbread Naan with three kinds of ingredients for 6 servings:
- Prepare some dry ingredients
You need 75g coconut flour or about 3/4 cup. Then, you should provide psyllium husk powder in 2 tablespoons and one teaspoon of xanthan gum. Add one teaspoon baking powder, pinch salt, and the sesame seeds (1 tablespoon). If you do not find the sesame seeds change with nigella in the same measure.
- Wet ingredients to prepare
Secondly, you need to prepare some wet ingredients like one cup of hot water (240ml). You also prepare natural yogurt that is full-fat in ¼ cup or 60g and melted oil. Choose to use olive oil or coconut oil (both are 2 tablespoons).
- Topping ingredients
Lastly, you still must prepare some ingredients for topping. It is in the form of generous salt, olive oil/ coconut oil/ butter, and parsley. The oil or butter needs 2 tablespoons and you can change the parsley with cilantro or coriander.
This is how to make a Low-Carbs Flatbread Naan keto
Well, it is time to cook in 17 minutes as the total time (preparation and cooking). Keto Naan will be ready in 12 times by conducting the six steps such as below:
- Use 356 Fahrenheit or 180 Celcius to preheat your oven.
- Mix the coconut flour, salt, psyllium husk powder, and xanthan gum in a bowl until no lumps. Then, add the wet ingredients and stir them until it forms a dough. Shape the dough like a ball and let it sit for a while pretty the coconut flour and the psyllium absorbs the moisture entirely. Besides that, it is useful to make the dough not sticky again.
- Next, cut the ball into 6 pieces and use parchment paper sheets to roll it in 1/2 cm thick. Put these long flatbreads on the baking sheet without the top parchment.
- It does not matter to sprinkle some nigella or sesame seeds before baking between 12-15 minutes. Use a fork to pierce the air bubble on the bread and rotate it to make sure the brown top, crisp, and so on.
- Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or nigella seeds.
- Adorn the top with the melted butter, coconut oil, or olive oil that you have prepared below. Then, sprinkle with cilantro, coriander, or parsley, and more salt before serving.
It is additional information on how to store keto Naan in the freezer. There are two ways to undertake where you can wrap the dough ball that you have cut into six pieces. After wrapping, you can store it in the freezer. Secondly, you can store it in the form of a long flatbread shape before baking. Thank you for reading!