A slow cooker keto gumbo must have been the right lunch choice. This kind of food is tasty and may make your full. Moreover, it has high protein.
Being a wife must be a happy moment. You will spend a lot of time with your husband and children. Anyway, as a good wife, it must be such a pleasure if you can cook. Anyway, have you tried cooking a slow cooker keto gumbo? This kind of meal is pretty tasty and yummy. Plus, it is easy to cook. If you enjoy chicken and also sausage, you would better try this meal. Anyway, today, we are going to discuss a slow cooker low carb gumbo recipe in detail. Well, if you are free and have a lot of spare time, let you cook this food. Let’s check it out for further info below!
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Keto Gumbo Chicken
Before cooking a slow cooker low carb gumbo recipe, you need to prepare for the ingredients first. What are they? Let’s take a look at it below!
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Fat and skin trimmed chicken thighs (1 lb)
- Deveined, no tails frozen shrimps (optional) (1 lb)
- Chopped smoked turkey sausage ( 8 oz)
- Minced garlic (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Diced red onion (1/2 cup)
- Diced green bell pepper (1)
- Chopped celery stalks (2)
- Sliced okra (225g)
- Cajun seasoning (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Arrowroot starch (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Low sodium chicken broth (4 ½ cups)
- Bay leaves (2)
- Meal Garnish
- Cauliflower rice
Find and buy all of the ingredients for keto gumbo in the market or traditional shop. Probably, you might go to the supermarket near your home, too.
Making a Slow Cooker Low Carb Gumbo Recipe
Once you have prepared for all the ingredients to cook slow cooker keto gumbo, you could start cooking it now. Read some necessary tips in the following details below!
- Turn on your slow cooker by pressing the ‘turn on’ button on the saute function. Add olive oil (1 tbs) and the chicken thighs. Cook them for around 6 to 8 minutes until the thighs are brown and cooked well. Take off, then add smoked turkey sausage into it. Cook for more 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (garlic, olive oil, red onion, celery, bell pepper, and okra) to the slow cooker. Stir it continuously so that it will not stick for around 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning to the slow cooker. After that, mix it together so that the spices might blend well. Add the arrowroot starch and the chicken broth slowly while you are continuing to stir it together.
- Bend and mix the chicken and the frozen shrimps. Add the turkey sausage, too. Then, toss in the bay leaves (2) and bring it to boiling for a few minutes.
- Last, change the setting of the slow cooker lower and cook your keto chicken gumbo on medium-high temperature for around 4 hours. Add cooked cauliflower rice to complete the food.
Finally, this Keto chicken gumbo recipe is for 5 servings. Anyway, for your additional information, the slow cooker keto gumbo contains 321kcal calories, a2g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 21g fat, and 3g sugar. Let’s find another keto chicken receipe in our next article.