The best keto tortilla ever truly can heal your longing toward this Mexican bread. Cook and eat it without consuming high-carb and gluten anymore.
Is there any gluten-free and low-carb tortilla? Well, this question drafts someone’s feeling that cannot forget this Mexican cuisine. Do not worry and feel guilty because the best keto tortilla ever is available here. Even, it will present on your kitchen island without buying but you make it alone. Heal your longing toward this dish with the healthier and low-carb tortilla. Home-made low-carb tortilla recipe of the day guarantees the gluten-free too. Here, you will not find the flour from wheat or grain anymore. Let’s check this out!
The Best Keto Tortilla ever within easy and Quick Recipe (Less than One Hour)
The first section of the home-made low-carb tortilla recipe will present the ingredients and instructions. The preparation time may spend 20 minutes and the cooking process is about 10 minutes. So, you just need to take less than one hour to serve this Mexican cuisine. Okay, here are the ingredients to check and save:
- Almond flour ( 1 cup) and coconut flour (1/4 cup)
- Xanthan gum: 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice: 3 teaspoons
- Light beaten egg: 1
- Water: 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt: ½ teaspoon
You can see that there is no wheat flour because it changes with almond and coconut flours. Well, those are 7 or 8 ingredients to provide and here are 4 steps to cook home-made low-carb tortilla recipe in the rest time:
- Firstly, prepare a food processor bowl to mix the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Pulse them for 5 seconds until combine.
- The position of the food processor is running and you should pour slowly the lime juice. Follow the egg and water to the mixture and make a dough. When it forms a ball, wrap it tightly using a plastic wrap. Next, knead it using your hands for one or two minutes. Afterward, store it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Make 8 small balls in roughly 1 1/2 ” diameter from the dough. Place one ball between two pieces of wax paper or parchment to roll it. Roll the ball until getting 1/8″ thick where the tortilla should have 5-6 inches diameter.
- Use a cast-iron skillet to cook the tortilla and you need a medium-high heat to cook. To cook until slightly charred, you need to heat about 20 seconds per side. You may roll out the next when cooking one tortilla. Go on until the last tortilla and it is easy to serve.
Few Tips during Cook Keto Tortilla
There are 2 tips to cook the best keto tortilla ever as additional information. Although it is just an additional thing do not underestimate the impact. Here are 3 tips to follow:
- Only roll the dough using a rolling pin and parchment/ wax paper. Use space to do it and prepare it before starting.
- Work quickly because the dough cannot stretch when it is cool. So, you must keep the other sections warm when working one piece of the dough.
That is the best keto tortilla ever recipe and tips to follow easily. Feel free to cook it and let your family member taste-test it too. They will like this low-carb and gluten-free dish. Just eat healthy foods!